Friday, March 12, 2010

I'm Engaged!!!!!

Wedding Graphics


This past Tuesday, I got engaged. As you can imagine, I am quite excited and still floating on cloud nine. It's kinda weird now when I look down and see my ring. It really helps me see that God's grace is truly amazing and things really do work according to His awesome plan. Last week, it seemed like manfriend and I had been dating FOREVER. When in actuality, it's only been 17 months. I guess when you hit 30, months feel like years. It's almost like I was counting each month in dog years or better yet, single woman over 30 years.


Now, that I'm engaged it's been hard to make the switch in titles. I keep telling the engagement story and saying my friend or manfriend instead of my fiancé. However, for some strange reason I feel like I need to be engaged a certain amount of time before I can call him by his new title. It's funny because I've waited for this moment for what seems like an eternity yet I'm finding it difficult to grasp. I really feel like I'm dreaming and that this can't possibly be happening to me.


After a few long-term relationships and oodles of hurt feelings and tears, I just can't believe that my day has come. I swear I used to cringe when people were like, "Guess, what?" Of course, I'd fake it and act excited. However, it felt like a jab in my side every time someone told of how they met some guy, dated for a few months or a few years, and now they're getting married. Meanwhile, I just felt like I was sitting on the sidelines waiting to get in the game. I kept feeling like that kid who nobody picks for their team. So now that I have officially been picked, I am so sensitive to those around me. While I can't front, my world is different in a good way and that a HUGE monkey has been lifted off my back. I don't want my happiness and excitement to cause anyone else any unnecessary pain. So I just pray that during this time of my life, I don't fill my bucket at the expense of dipping into someone else's. I pray that this season proves to be a source of joy for all those around me.

8 comments:

joanofalltrades said...

The second you said yes to the proposal, you should have been calling him your fiance. No grace period...it's a done deal. Bask in your happiness...this is your time...don't worry about hurting anyone's feelings. You know I have tons of advice, so ask away! Congratulations to you and your Fiance ;)

CATGIRL !! said...

heyyy.....Congratulations on getting enagaged..all da way from Pakistan,Asia...
so when is teh FInal thing?/(marriage)??

and do tell me how ur relationships worked b4 or afterengagement....

and plz if u like can u plz take timeout o read my blog?
thanx dear! :-))))0

The Traveler said...

congratulations!! enjoy your moment... and may your moment last a lifetime!!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS, MICHELLE!!! I'm with Joanofalltrades on this one!! Enjoy every moment of your time!! That's why you've been blessed with it. You will need this excitement and bliss after the wedding! lol I wish you the best, and happy planning! :) Love you!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! This is a wonderful time of your life and folks should be happy for you. I think when your celebration & happiness are genuine, that shines brighter than any rock that would cause others to feel less than okay with your new status.

Rita said...

You guys makes such a great couple! Congrats...

Anonymous said...

Once again I am so excited.. I do feel there may be some that are not as happy for you, so please be careful.

Juanita @ Destiny said...

Michelle, thanks ever so much for sharing this with me at Church on Purpose. You gave me such hope and encouragement. I hope to see around again, soon!!!