Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's so distracting to meet a new man...



I really have found that I absolutely HATE to meet someone new because I tell ya, I get so distracted. I can’t concentrate. Instead, I find myself daydreaming about the possibilities and replaying our most recent conversations. Or now in the age of technology, I am rereading emails and text messages. It’s totally ridiculous!!!! I swear I don’t get anything done because I’m so distracted by the possibilities. Ladies, you know what I’m talking about…Is this my Neo(like from The Matrix)?,Does he like to travel? How will our next date go or shall I say first date since at this point, I’ve only seen him once (and that was when we met.) I really am embarrassed that I’m so easily distracted from the more pressing issues in my life…like how to be debt-free, or what’s for dinner? Anywho…while I do really hate that I’m so distracted, I do LOVE the fact that I have someone to daydream about who is hopefully daydreaming about me too. So what's distracting you from being more productive these days?



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh the days of dating... I do not miss them at all! But I do remember the distractions they caused. My fiction manuscript has been my distraction...ironically it has to do with a woman who has found new love...very distracting...so in a round-about way, I can totally relate!

joanofalltrades said...

Some distractions are good distractions (smile). Right now my husband's blaring snoring is distracting me from sleeping--hence why I'm commenting at almost 2 am. Not so good distraction, but it has allowed me to catch up on some much neglected blogging.

Unknown said...

Distractions are just away for you to find your focus. Great bloging!!

PS. KGW, I know what you mean about the snoring. My wife dosnt like to wear her cpap.

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

Oh, the distraction of possibility... that was a sweet feeling (from what I can recall--it's been a while!).

There's nothing more distracting than my doggone blog. At least that's what my husband says... LOL!

Enjoy the newness of the relationship... just don't let the possibilities make you be dumb about it!

Anonymous said...

Love this post!

This is exactly what I'm working on: Can I date and still remain focused? It really just takes practice. And a whole lot of patience.

And thanks for your great comment on my blog...

Anonymous said...

I think it's important to avoid being consumed by this distraction. I'm all for the blissful feelings that come from meeting a potential new guy, but don't lose focus on the important things. You might begin to ingore the RED FLAGS!!!!