Friday, June 26, 2009

I just can't get enough of Michael Jackson

As I sit here glued to the television, I can't help but feel a weird aching. Even though I never met him, I feel such a connection to him. His music has touched my soul and often times lifted my spirits. As I watch the world mourn his death and celebrate his life, I am searching for peace. It's hard to not feel like this is a mistake and just can't possibly be true. How can he be gone? In the midst of my doubt, I know that it's true and he is gone to a better place. I pray that his family can find peace in the outpouring of love shown by the world. I pray that they know that Michael has touched us in an unexplainable way. He will be missed but in his passing, I pray that he has finally found peace because he sooooo deserves it. I plan to continue to celebrate his life by sharing his legacy with my two year old son. We have been listening to his music and watching his videos nonstop. He has so many great songs that it's hard for me to pick one favorite. But if I have to choose, it would be P.Y.T. So what's your favorite M.J. song?

8 comments:

joanofalltrades said...

I think my fav has to be Human Nature. RIP Mike! I am still in shock and I know that soon it is gonna hit me like a ton of bricks. I've purposely been avoiding watching his videos. I have however been listening to his music. Very nice post. Thanks!

Her Artichoke Heart said...

It begins and ends with the "Thriller" video for me. My friends and I used to call each other to tell each other to turn on the television whenever one of us spotted the video on MTV! :)

www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog said...

me too! i keep watching his videos, keep explaining to my kids why he keeps changing into stuff (the panther, the wolf, the monster...). he was so awesome!! RIP

Single Mom Seeking said...

The world really is grieving, Michael always seemed ageless. Mine might be "Man in the Mirror:"

"If you want 2 make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change."

Nate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nate said...

Beyond Icon, Legend, one of all time greats, Michael Jackson was a step above. Even the all time greats, legends, and icons knew that Mike was the best that ever was. Time will tell and has told the impact that he had/has on people's lives. I grew up with only knowing the Jackson 5 and who is better-The Jackson 5 or the Osmonds'. Hard to let go. Well, I could go on forever. My favorite Song that Michael sang was "Maybe Tomorrow". I am telling my age. It was a Jackson 5 song. Not many people remember it. He was a great humanitarian, also.

Felicia - I complete Me said...

I so miss him. I have been dancing and reminiscing all weekend. I can't believe I will never here new music from him again.

Anonymous said...

I miss him too! Black or white is one of my favorite because it reminds me of my teenage years, I was beginning to taste freedom, I was beginning to drive on my own and the year it came out a lot of exciting fun things happened in my life. When I hear this song it reminds me and takes me back to that time!